Ministry of Health

People under the age of 65 who have a disability that lasts longer than six months can be eligible for care funding from the Ministry of Health. This is for when who need support in different areas of your life because of your disability.

Your disability could be:

  • physical
  • sensory: vision, hearing and Autism Spectrum
  • intellectual

The best way to get advice on your options is from Disability Information Advisory Services (DIAS). These services are available to everyone, for free. They can tell you about Ministry-funded and non-Ministry funded disability support services, and how you can find them.

Visit DIAS